Social - Emotional Support at AMS
Here at AMS, we are committed to ensuring and empowering our students with the tools and knowledge they need to:
- Effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes and skills that are necessary to understand and manage their emotions;
- Set and achieve positive goals
- Feel and show empathy towards others
- Establish and maintain positive relationships
- Make responsible decisions
The AMS team is dedicated to ensuring each student obtains the support they need to succeed throughout their continued educational journey.
School can sometimes be challenging, and even more so for teens and pre-teens. Along with these challenges we are also experiencing difficult and trying times with navigating online and digital learning.
It is because of these challenges that we want to make sure families and students know the AMS SEL team is here as a support system.
Please use this page as a resource to get connected with the AMS. If you are unsure who to contact please don’t hesitate to reach out to any one of us as we would be happy to help in any way we can.
Social Emotional framework for students
- Margo Anderson
- Paola Diaz
- Susana Gonzales
- Lillian Linn
- Alex Martinez
Mental Health Resources
Christ's Church of the Valley - counseling sessions
Housing, Rental & Eviction Help:
Arizona Department of Housing- Rental Eviction Prevention Assistance
Family Services Center for City of Phoenix
- Can help with emergency assistance with eviction prevention, move-in assistance and emergency rental/utility assistance
- Can assist with finding affordable housing and potential emergency rental assistance
- Provides referrals to search for financial rental assistance, eviction prevention, rental deposit assistance and also free furniture
Arizona Barr Association : (866) 611-6022
- Hotline for legal questions about eviction or negotiating rent